For those of you that missed the release of 0.5.7, we are pleased to announce the immediate release of MechWarrior: Living Legends 0.6.0 public open beta.
Easily being the largest single content release for MechWarrior: Living Legends since our initial beta release in 2009, the MechWarrior: Living Legends 0.6.0 open beta includes 9 new playable assets, 4 new maps, revisions and improvements to the TAG laser designation system, weapon convergence and procedural arm animation for the ‘Mechs and an almost innumerable list of additional enhancemenets, bug fixes and optimisations to existing game features. One of the key features of 0.6.0 is actually the result of the cummulative asset set being released with this patch, that being that 0.6.0 is the first MWLL release that achieves a reasonable assset partity between the Inner Sphere and Clan faction vehicle selections. This will allow for an accurate assessment of the Clan vs. IS game mode options and balance as we go forward.
Changelog Version 0.6.0
- Fixed wrong scoreboard ordering in TSA and TC
- Fixed “mass crash” and another crash due to multiple issues in synced storage
- Fixes two crashes in laser code
- Rewrote laser net code to make lasers more precise for observing clients
- Added relative shooting to increase precision for client spawn projectiles
- Fixed memory leak in radar code
- Fixed radar still working while dead
- Optimized net code for TC, results in less bandwidth usage in TC games
- Fixed vehicles still repairing while powering up
- Improved the stickiness of C4
- Fixed LOD issues with turret towers on TSA_Sandblasted
- Clan Black Lanner Medium Mech
- Clan Ryoken Medium Mech
- Inner Sphere Avatar Heavy Mech
- Clan Daishi Assault Mech
- Clan Donar Attack VTOL
- Inner Sphere Corsair Aerospace Fighter
- Clan Visigoth Aerospace Fighter
- Inner Sphere Chevalier Light Scout Tank
- New Map : TC_Dustbowl
- New Map : TC_Frostbite
- New Map : TC_Inferno
- New Map : TC_IvoryTower
- Procedular animations for mech arms
- Weapon convergence on target (visually through rotating arms and other parts)
- Changed behaviour of the TAG-Laser. The target will stay tagged if you deviate off it for a short mount of time. TAG also creates a beacon in the same manner as NARC.
- Mech Paints. You can select them before buying a mech in the Loadout tab of the Buy Menu
- Added barrel geometry to Warhammer “B”, “C”, and “D” variants
- Added damage penalties to hovercrafts/tanks for turret/rear sections
- Resized Harasser model
- Removed Mauler’s obstructive cockpit bar
- Uziel – revised “Prime”, “B”, “C”, “D”, and “E” variants
- Buchwacker “B” – removed GECM, added spare ton for ammo
- Vulture “Prime” – removed 2 CLRM20, added 2 CLRM15, 4 DHS
- Blood Asp “D” – removed ATM6, LAMS, added CDSRM6, 1 DHS
- Blood Asp “E” – removed 2 DHS
- AC10/UAC10/CUAC10 ammunition increased to 50 per ton
- Lowered light kinetic/kinetic modifiers against VTOLs/aerospace
- Increased light kinetic modifier against hovercraft
- Initial capture of a point in TC is twice as slow as normal
- Initial capture of a point in TC no longer results in getting all attached assets at the beginning of the capture process
- Added leg internals to further balance the legging mechanic
Texture and Model Optimizations:
- Blood Asp textures
- Awesome textures
- Raven cockpit textures
- All tank tread textures
- Longtom textures
- Harasser textures
- Various environmental assets
Download MechWarrior: Living Legends 0.6.0
Before downloading MechWarrior: Living Legends 0.6.0, please reference the installation instructions provided in the Community Wiki here: http://wiki.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php?title=How_to_Install_MWLL
Before installing MWLL 0.6.0 you may wish to copy/move all custom maps to another location, since you most likely will not want to download these again, although if you have them as a backup elsewhere they can just be extracted afterwards to the correct location (MWLL/Game/Levels/Multiplayer/…).
You may also wish to backup your existing Player Profile(s); copy or zip the folder to a new location if not already done, though the Profiles folder should not be touched upon a new install.
Then delete the entire MWLL folder from your ../Crysis Wars/Mods directory.
Download the MWLL installer package from mwlldownload.com and follow the prompts.
MechWarrior: Living Legends is only available as a complete download package (approximately 2.4GB) and there is no upgrade path from 0.5.6
As with all releases since 0.5.0, MechWarrior: Living Legends 0.6.0 only supports Crysis Wars.
Thank you for your continued support of MechWarrior: Living Legends, the premiere MechWarrior/BattleTech total conversion modication for Crysis Wars.