The MechWarrior: Living Legends forums see guests from all over the world every day. With the numbers and variety in cultures, believes and of course personalities, it has turned out that some rules are necessary to maintain a good place for civilized discussions. Before getting to the actual rules, we’d like to remind each and everyone of a certain set of behavioral guidelines.
1: Remember the Human
2: Adhere to the same standards of behavior online that you follow in real life
3: Know where you are in cyberspace
4: Respect other people’s time and bandwidth
5: Make yourself look good online
6: Share expert knowledge
7: Help keep flame wars under control
8: Respect other people’s privacy
9: Don’t abuse your power
10: Be forgiving of other people’s mistakes
[Source: The Netiquette]
Now, on to the actual rules. Please note that a violation of these rules will be punished with warning(s), removal of posting ability, temporary ban and ultimately even permanent ban.
- Respect the MWLL team and other forum users.
- Refrain from posting messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or are otherwise of questionable content (if you have to ask, the answer is ‘No.’)
- Help maintain a fun and friendly atmosphere by using your best judgment and granting people the benefit of the doubt. Remember that by far not every other forum user natively speaks English.
- Positively contribute to the forums with useful posts.
- Read the stickied threads before posting. They have been stickied because they will answer commonly asked questions or are otherwise very helpful.
- Use descriptive and appropriate titles when creating a thread and make sure to post new threads in a suitable section.
- Obey the forum staff. If your thread is closed, moved or deleted for any reason, do not create a new thread with the same content or complaining about the action taken on the old thread. Instead, contact a mod or admin via private messages. Remember, however, that these rules are enforced and imposed upon our discretion.
- Never engage in personal attacks.
- No duplicate accounts. You only need one. If you have been banned or muted, there is reason for it and it is not within your discretion to bypass these “last resort” measurements.